• We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
Hello,

Recently (past 2 years? Idk, time flies :SadgeCry:) Instagram's max image resolution for posts was increased from 1080x1350 to 1440x1800.
But what about image quality? For videos it's called bitrate, for images I'm not sure (dots per inch?). What is the best obtainable quality, and how to go about that?

Also, I saw somewhere else that you could grab a still image from an Instagram reel (the thumbnail). But it's not like a screengrab (usually), it's actually a very high quality image, much higher than the 1440x1800 standard. Just wondering if that's possible, with the regular posts somehow.

And what is the best way to download an Instagram account's profile picture in max quality?

Just to say, I know how to do all of this already, but I am specifically looking for ways to get even better quality images, if possible.

i use this jdownloader and youll need a Extension called edit this cookie to export your password in cookie format and paste the exported cookie into the password fied, the username will be your username In Account Manager

copy these settings for max quality in Plugins

insta0a74469db3f5aea4.md.jpg
j-downlaoder-settingsa5fe4197ef9614c7.md.jpg

and all youll need to do is copy and paste the url in to link grabber

i use this jdownloader and youll need a Extension called edit this cookie to export your password in cookie format and paste the exported cookie into the password fied, the username will be your username In Account Manager

That was quite difficult to follow! At least for me. But got there eventually.
This is much better than any Chrome extension I've used in the past years for IG downloading.
Thank you very much my man, cheers! :pepoLove:

I'm attempting to download all reels from a profile. The reels appear only in the "Reels" tab and not in the "Feed", so JD and 4K Stogram don't scrape them. When I copy the Reels webpage, JD says the content is offline, so i'm guessing there's an issue scraping the Reels URLs. Does anyone know a fix? Or maybe an extension that can scrape all links from the Reels tabs so that it can be inputted into JD?

EDIT: This Extension allows you to copy up to 32 links at a time which you can then paste in JD. A bit tedious but it works.

Last edited:
I've had no problem downloading reels. You click the reel video and copy the the url link and j downloader download the reel.

I copy and paste the reel links one by one not all at the same time. To download everything copy and paste the profile url in j downloader and itll grab everything

Back
Top Bottom