SPRING BREAK - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE! - CLICK HERE
Guide - Bulk renaming for MEGA links | SimpCity Forums

Guide Bulk renaming for MEGA links

• Emails and alerts are now back, you will need to visit unread threads in your Watched Threads list before new alerts are sent.

SimpCity

Staff
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png

IMPORTANT! READ!

Advertising and Third-party Sites

The purpose of this thread is to help you avoid advertising third-party sites, something prohibited by the rules as linked above. Most of MEGA links contain third-party sites in the file names, so I will describe very simple way to fix those links so they can be posted.

Example for Third Party Advertising

Before

tg11.pngtg22.png

After

tg33.pngtg44.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SimpCity

Staff
Mar 11, 2022

Import files to your own MEGA

Open a link and import to your own MEGA account as shown below.

hhhh.pngggggg.png

Mounting your MEGA account as a hard drive using Air Live Drive

Air Live Drive

Download -
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

With Air Live Drive your stuff (previously imported to your own MEGA account) will be seen by the software as if it's in a local directory.
Follow the below steps in the images to select MEGA and log in through your account details.

fffff.pngllkk.png

If it's done correctly, it should then look like -

lljhhh.png

File renaming - Advanced Renamer

Download -
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

There are a couple of methods for this that you can choose, using Advanced Renamer is just one of many tools out there that makes it easy.

In this case with Advanced Renamer we use the "Remove pattern" method. Then Fill in what you want removed (in this case TG). Once the options you want are selected, just "Start Batch" for it to process all the files and update in your MEGA with the fixed names, so you can then share them.

3.png1.png44.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BenjieFrankie

Bathwater Drinker
Apr 12, 2022
I wrote a python script that renames files on my PC. All files look like "model_img_001" or "model_vid001_[mins]" and are sorted by size. If anyone is interested I will share it.

Reactions: Ikaros

ligmabahls

Don’t mistake my generosity for generosity
May 11, 2022
This is extremely easy on Mac. With the files available within Mac's Finder app/window, just select all the files in Finder, then click File menu >> "Rename..."

Benefits
  • You can Undo / Ctrl + Z
  • Can find/replace specific text in the file names. Use this to Find the third-party name, leave Replace blank, and it will remove the third-party while leaving the rest of the filename intact.
  • Can Add Text to filename
  • Can re-name each file with specific text + a counter or index or date.

MiSiMP

Bathwater Drinker
May 29, 2023
Or you can use to bulk rename mega file Use MEGA CMD in webdav mode to change bulk file !

• peepoClap
Reactions: dtravel

shiggler

Bathwater Drinker
Dec 5, 2023
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Yes, there is. I have a script which will take any number of mega links from any source, it will then create gmail accounts on the fly to accommodate the files and output the file names,new links, gmail accounts to excel. it was created by a guy on a movie sharing site with the proviso that its name/links are kept in house. I can mirror any mega files you want tho.

Reactions: modelzpalace