Question Best tool to download from instagram?

Dalton2250

Fan
Jul 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I personally recommend WFDownloader -
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

It's only a little bit of hassle to set up but I've had 100% success so far downloading all videos from profiles I follow..

If anyone tries it and has any questions feel free. I'm happy to help.

Reactions: yotar

FilthDoggerMARK3

FilthDogger
Mar 12, 2022
windows 10 pc

Is anything working as a mass downloader with insta ?
I ve tried almost all of the stuff listed here and nothing works for me.
Every guide and video is out of date it seems...and there are so many scams!

I tried online site options which just wont load more than a few pics before getting blocked or are scams or just dont work. And as an added bonus every time I make a concerted effort insta disables my account for 10-30 mins but no ban yet.

Ive tried the chrome and FF extensions which just wont work
and simple mass downloader (not working )
and stomgram4k (internal api error? no log in)
and wfd (mobile only)
and jdownloader (blocked for me)
and instagram downloader github (couldnt get wokring)
and iinstander (not pc)
so im reduced to using instagram downloader webpage and doing each photo by hand and it keeps making me find the cross roads and chimney and bike lol

- Is there a program or extension which works right now pls which I can try and you can provide some basic help to install and use...as that seems to be where things go wrong haha
- And if not an automated program then how about a clone site which just allows you to double click save each image so i could manually get it all but way faster than using ID for each photo.

I only want 1 account...not 1000s... lol Any help appreciated...

Last edited:
Reactions: morgo690

gordaperodepilada

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 9, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Instander can run on any emulator, Bluestacks might be the easiest, it's still manual though, no way to mass download, advantage is that it's completely safe and your account won't get banned at all.
If you've got an account to spare then you can try
, thing will run even on your phone, but there are Window builds, if you don't care about the max quality (1440x1800) you can use it without an account, you'll get 1080x1350 pictures.
Installation is quite simple, you download the zip from the link I provided, unzip it on a folder, open the folder and type cmd on the path bar and use either of the commands ahead.
instaloader -l=your_spare_account --no-captions --no-metadata-json --highlights --stories --latest-stamps account_you_want_to_rip
The --no-captions and --no-metadata-json are both to avoid downloading junk, most of use just want the pictures, those two contain the post caption and some metadata.
The --highlights and --stories are optional, first one will download each highlight set on a different folder and stories will download the available stories, both require to use an account.
The --latest-stamps is so that it saves your progress on a text file to update easily in the future, in case you'll delete the current pictures, if you'll keep them I'd suggest changing it to --fast-update this one will stop once it reaches the last downloaded picture.
One last time, if the only thing you want is to download a profile without risking any account the shortest command is:
instaloader --no-captions --no-metadata-json account_to_rip

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I agree, that Instander might be the BEST possible solution due to using original apk code. I had a few accounts banned from using instaloader. 4K Stogram also got my main banned. But, I believe it was due to me downloading multiple stories in a day. I also think from using my main with instaloader before moving to 4k Stogram may also play a role. Currently, using a temp account seems ok for 4k Stogram. Yes, instander via bluestacks/android may be the best(safe) solution. I also do miss pyinstalive. Just set it up and let it run in background and would get lives automatically. Also, as much as I love instaloader, I can't risk using it anymore.

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Okay so I finally got around with playing with pyinstalive, and I got it working. But, I'm using old app/script and .ini file for it to work. I also changed the "api.py" file in the pyinstalive module. I came across someone mentioning that it only works for 3 hours before having to re-run the script again. But, I haven't tried it for that long. Good to know I got something working for the meantime.

• wowers
Reactions: Theytime

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Yo guys. I have been using gallery-dl with a instagram-cookies.txt files for about 6 months to download hundreds of files a day (sometimes thousands in one day when downloading new accounts) without any issues.

But in the past two days, two of my accounts got banned, including my main one where I was following thousands of accounts, a lot of them private.

It seems like instagram is rolling a ban wave on accounts that follow a lot but don't have a lot of followers, because my two other accounts, on which I have posts and followers, didn't get hit.

Another poster on this forum had the same thing happen to them. They ask for a selfie, and even if you send it, they ban you and you can't appeal.

Did anyone else get banned recently ? Was it on accounts where you did not have a lot of followers or did that not matter ?

Reactions: azzblaster

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
T
I do believe this may be true. My main account where I did follow many accounts, but, I did have less than 5 posts on the account. It got banned. I also interacted with others DM's and comment on posts. It probably looks too suspicious to IG with low followers and high following account. Yes, They want a selfie with photo of me holding with my username. I'm not doing all that. Because it's going to be a matter of time when they're going to ask for your ID. They did with a temp account I have. So I'm not about to jump through hoops and bend over backwards to appeal their decision to already ban my account. I did have some private accounts that I can probably get back due to interacting with them via DM, but others I followed might be a lost cause. They are really trying to make the platform more business/corporate oriented. The social aspect that it once was is becoming more and more a hindsight every 6 months.

Quite honestly, I don't even be wanting to archive IG like that anymore with how restrictive it's been. Plus, many 'models' been using alternative platforms anyway. But, I will add, I do see many stories/lives are where they be posting the "good" stuff.

rolex4984

Tier 1 Sub
Nov 1, 2022
If you don't want to use extensions/3rd party sites you can always use your browsers developer tool (press F12) and go to "Network" -> sort by "Img" -> refresh page. Double click on the photo in the list to open it in a new tab.

Reactions: Galtrans and baley3

pirata de culiacan

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
I use this extencion for bluk downloading:

These extensions rarely cause me ban problems but if you use them sparingly you can avoid it.
They have some disadvantages such as sometimes they can't download a certain number of images (perhaps because of the size of the .zip file) or sometimes they stop updating when they're outdated.
Usually there are some similar ones when one stops working but this is the one that currently works best.
A disadvantage of this is that it downloads absolutely everything since there have been others that gave you the option to download between a period of images that you chose or the option to download only images or only videos.
For example, the extension I used before that was this but now is obsole since instagram interface change and deveploper don't update

and before this there were others but they became obsolete, they were eliminated or their options changed.
There are also some that you can download but not as efficient as the ones I already said where they only analyze the page and give you the option to download any image they find, like this one

In conclusion, look for trusted tools and use them sparingly.

• GigaChad
Reactions: tapakchan

azzblaster

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Is there any way to download an ig story from a private account I follow? Big assed girl is shaking that ass, I need to download it before it expires lol. I wish ctrl i on firefox still worked...