EXCLUSIVE OFFER - WATCH CAMSODA GIRLS LIVE FOR FREE!!! - CLICK HERE
  • We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

Question Any way to download xhr videos?

myaapple

Casual
Mar 11, 2022
Trying to download a video with xhr file type. Can't do any force right clicks, aloha browser doesn't work and developer tools doesn't work due to the way it's split. Anyone got a way to bypass this?

Trying to download a video with xhr file type. Can't do any force right clicks, aloha browser doesn't work and developer tools doesn't work due to the way it's split. Anyone got a way to bypass this?
XHR (XMLHttpRequest) is how the video is transmitted to your browser, so based on what you're describing, I believe you're trying to download a video from a playlist (likely M3U8) and/or a manifest file (MPD), as both of these have the content split into a lot of segments. Depending on what website you're trying to download from - which would be a very helpful information to have in order to help you more in-depth - you might have to deal with DRM after the video has been downloaded, as well. With that being said, I don't think there's a way to "bypass" this, but it is possible to download all the segments and combine them into a single file - but as far as I know, it's not possible on mobile.

As a prerequisite for this method to work, you're going to need a computer with yt-dlp and aria2c installed. If the video has DRM, you're also going to need mp4decrypt. Check this thread for more info on how to deal with DRM. There's likely hundreds of other methods, but I know this one works for sure. :peepoGiggles:

What I then do, is to firstly search for the playlist/manifest file in the network tab under developer tools - looking for the first M3U8 or MPD instance - and copy it's URL. Then I use the following command, with either command prompt or PowerShell, to download:
yt-dlp --external-downloader aria2c --allow-unplayable-formats [INSERT URL HERE]

That command should output an MP4 file. You can see if the video has DRM by using something like MediaInfo - where it'll say "encrypted" at the bottom - or using something like VLC, where it'll not play properly. If that is the case, refer to the thread mentioned above. (y)

:peepoHappy:

Back
Top Bottom